Welcome to the Meals from Scratch Information Page. Please click on the subject heading below to find the answers you are looking for. Meals from Scratch is committed to continuous improvement and welcomes your input. Whether it is suggestions for new meals, dietary restrictions, cooking instructions or order fulfillment, we look forward to hearing from you.
Frequently Asked Questions
How are Meals from Scratch packaged ?
Meals from Scratch are Chef Prepared, individually frozen meals. They are a single complete meal for one person. They are packaged in a BPA free, oven and microwave safe plastic tray and film seal.
How does Local Pickup work ?
Within 12 hours of placing your online order, you will be contacted by a Meals from Scratch Associate via email. We will set up a day and time, convenient for you, to pick up your meals from our Centerville location. Generally, your meals can be picked up 7 days a week from 10am thru 7pm. Sometimes your meals can be picked up “on the fly” within an hour of placing your order. However, we asked that the pickup time be agreed upon with a Scratch associate to insure that your order is processed properly.
Meals from Scratch is Located at:
(Behind the Paragon Supper Club on 725)
767 Miamisburg-Centerville Road
Dayton, Ohio 45459
Why are Meals from Scratch better than store bought frozen meals ?
We are often asked to compare our meals to typical frozen meals such as Lean Cuisine, Hungry Man, Healthy Choice, Marie Callenders, etc.
Here are some of the reasons:
- Our meals are prepared by qualified, conscientious chefs, not machines.
- We avoid using highly processed ingredient or even canned and frozen ingredients.
- We use only real, all natural Beef and Chicken in our meals. Most typical frozen meals use animal proteins with the addition of substances called “extenders’ or “fillers” such as Isolated Soy Protein, Cellulose and Wheat Gluten. They do this to reduce their food costs. We use real Meat 🙂
- Our meals are generally, 50-100% larger than our competitors meals. Typical frozen meals are 5-8 ounces. Our meals are 10-14 ounces. This means you will not go hungry after eating one of our meals.
- Our meals are substantially more nutrient dense that typical frozen meals. With our use of complex carbs, fresh vegetables, legumes, whole grains, etc., our meals are naturally lower calorie, higher fiber, lower sodium and generally much healthier than store bought meals.